Your donations to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center allow us to provide valuable service and benefits to both the sea turtles we rescue as well as research and education to raise awareness and care of Georgia’s sea turtles.
The Georgia Sea Turtle Center is an operating department of the Jekyll Island Authority and receives financial contributions through the Jekyll Island Foundation. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent your payment exceeds the value of goods and services provided and as permitted by law. The Jekyll Island Foundation is a 501 (c)3 corporation under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, EIN #58-2583249.
All admission fees and general donations go towards the daily operations and maintenance of the Center, as well as its exhibit development, maintenance, equipment, and all aspects of turtle care. Below are ways you can help support our mission of Rehabilitation, Research, and Education:
Ways to Give to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center:
(For details, click on the links below)
- General Donation – Donations MUST specify the exact intent of the donation under “Purpose of Donation” to ensure proper dispersal of funds. (Ex. Operating Fund of the Georgia Sea Turtle Center)
- Membership Program
- Adopt-a-Sea Turtle Program
- Sea Turtle Wish List
- Purchase of Georgia Sea Turtle License Plate
- Diamondback Defender Program: details below
- Walkway to Wonder (Brick Program): details below
Diamondback Terrapin Research Project
Hundreds of diamondback terrapins are killed or injured each year by motor vehicles on the Jekyll Island Causeway. The Jekyll Island Foundaton needs your help to fund a $50,000 cooperative Georgia Sea Turtle Center/University of Georgia diamondback terrapin conservation, research, management and education program on Jekyll Island. We need YOU to help give our children and grandchildren the same opportunity. Please help us ensure our diamondback terrapins survive by making a tax-deductible donation TODAY!
Buy A Brick
Bricks for our “Walkway to Wonder” make excellent gifts that “give back.” You can buy your brick online now!
$100 Brick: For a $100 donation you can purchase a brick in the “Walkway to Wonder” located just outside the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. This purchase benefits the Georgia Sea Turtle Center by helping to offset operational costs, which include the rehabilitation of sea turtles, equipment, research, and educational programming to promote conservation and awareness.
$500 Brick: For an extra special spot on the “Walkway to Wonder,” you can purchase a centerpiece brick for $500. Your brick will be placed in the turtle logo, located just outside the entrance to the Center!
*The brick donation program is managed by the Jekyll Island Foundation. 80% of proceeds from brick donations directly benefit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. The remaining 20% from brick proceeds are designated to the Jekyll Island Foundation to offset production expenses and management costs associated with the brick program.