TURTLE WALKS are completed for the 2013 season. Please check back next May!
Explore the beach at night, and learn about the amazing journey of loggerhead sea turtles nesting along the Georgia Coast. These popular programs begin with a 30-45 minute presentation at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center about the natural history of sea turtles, followed by a guided beach tour in search of a nesting turtle.
When are Turtle Walks scheduled?
Turtle walks will be conducted June 1 – July 31* (*Except July 4th) with two nightly programs at 8:30 and 9:30 P.M. Reservations are required as group size is limited by DNR permit restrictions (25 per group maximum) and programs fill quickly.
What is the cost of a walk?
$7 per person (Members*)
$14 per person (Non-members**)
*Members please call 912-635-4043
**Price does not include general admission into the Georgia Sea Turtle Center)
$20 per person
Includes 1 day general admission to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center & 1 Turtle Walk. Turtle Walks are based on availability and reservations are required due to space limitations.
* Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Due to the time and nature of these walks, we require that children be at least 4 years of age.
*Doors will open for Turtle Walks at 8:15 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. for their respective walks. You are more than welcome to arrive early and wait outside until the appointed time.
* Participants must provide their own transportation from the GSTC to the beach. You may follow your walk guide via caravan to ensure that you reach the meeting location.
* During the Turtle Walk presentation the hospital area will not be accessible. However, you are welcome to visit the Center during its normal visiting hours with a general admission purchase or combo ticket!
* While we try our best to find a nesting turtle on the beach, we cannot guarantee that you will see one.
* For the safety of the turtles and compliance with the Jekyll Island Lighting Ordinance, flashlights, camera and video camera lights are not allowed on the Walks. Walk Guides will have a special, turtle-friendly, approved flashlight.
For more questions please call 912-635-4141 or email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proceeds Turtle Walks help to offset operational costs, including the rehabilitation of our patients.